I have read the boards and understand aging (somewhat), the max 60k score, etc. I am not yet experienced enough to play on the masochistic level, but I want to know what I can do to maximize my score for the games that I currently play.
I do know not to try for a tech victory, but that is about it. Does length of game, number of starting players, whether there are minor races left, etc., affect the score?
I don't know all details. But this is what I heard about it
1. Yes, go for military victory only. Switch off other victory conditions. But you can reach the cap (60k after Jan. 2190, 30k before) e.g. in AP with a gigantic map and an alliance win, too. This might be faster once you have got enough experience.
2. Size matters, more points for bigger maps.
3. Double points for victories after Jan. 2190.
4. Population development counts in relation to total population, i.e. more starting races increase your count.
5. Mitilary might in relation to other civilizations counts.
6. The influence of the last two points decreases with time, i.e. you don't get significant more points for a long dominating endgame.
7. Ship battles count. Ships you loose and ships you destroy.
8. The number (or costs?) of the technology you researched by yourself (i.e. not traded) counts.
9. I guess the trade goods and wonders count, but I'm not certain here.
I'm not sure about the influence of trade, income, influence etc. Does anybody have details here?
I hope I got all the main factors but who knows
OK, I have just finished a game by military conquest. I had a lot of battles and the game was considered "challenging." Yet I only received 16k points for the game, that took about 2 weeks to play, and is only 3k more points than my last game, which was on a lower level.